function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tech Support 57Tech Support 57 

Removing custom fields from a managed package

Hi,

I'm wondering if one of you might have an idea. We have a managed package that contains custom fields that I am trying to remove. When attempting this I discovered there was no way to remove them.

I also tried creating another package that had less fields included, then I discovered that a developer account can only have one managed package, and you can't change it.

It's worth mentioning that the managed package is not on the AppExchange.

Is there any way to achieve this outside of creating a new dev account and moving over the components to create a new package?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Nubes Elite Technologies Pvt. LtdNubes Elite Technologies Pvt. Ltd
Hello,

Custom fields can be deleted from a managed package if the package is in beta and has never been released. Once the released package has been installed as a released version, things get a lot tougher. The only option at that point is to have it uninstalled from all of your customers and only then can you request to have your package rolled back to beta.

This is all a bit of a moot point however, since with the Spring '14 release, ISVs will have the option to delete some components in a managed package, including custom fields. From the Spring '14 release notes:

Starting Spring ‘14, ISVs can delete the following types of components when updating a previously released managed package.
1. Custom Buttons or Links
2. Custom Fields
3. Custom Objects
4. Custom Tabs
5. Field Sets
6. Record Types
7. Validation Rules

For more details you can refer : here (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.packagingGuide.meta/packagingGuide/packaging_intro.htm

Thank You,
www.nubeselite.com
Development | Training | Consulting

Please mark this as solution if your problem is solved.