function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Terry GTerry G 

Is there a way to find out who deleted or renamed a list view in Salesforce Classic

I had a phone call from one of my inside sales staff yesterday saying that they cannot see a list view under the contacts object that is used almost daily.  I cannot seem to find any way online that there is a way to find this.  Please let me know.  Thank you.
Nubes Elite Technologies Pvt. LtdNubes Elite Technologies Pvt. Ltd
Hello Terry,

Step -1 -> Click on Setup
Step - 2 -> In the Quick Find box
Step - 3 -> Enter View Setup Audit Trail.

It shows the 20 most recent setup changes made to your org. It lists the date of the change, who made it, and what the change was. If a delegate (like an admin or customer support representative) makes a setup change on behalf of an end user, the Delegate User column shows the delegate’s username.

Thank You,
www.nubeselite.com
Development | Training | Consulting

Please mark this as solution if your problem is solved.
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Terry,

As per your requirement there is one way which you can identified deleted list view and The Best Practice is to have your
 Administrator define the List Views that everyone can use, then each user can make their own. 
This leaves the 'general use' List Views unchanged.

You have to query on List View with All Rows:

Query-> [select id, LastModifiedBy from ListView ]all rows

Or If the List View was just editied you should be able to see who Last Modified it.  If it was deleted
 you could request an Audit from Salesforce Support (but you'd have to pay for it).

Who created the List View?  How many Users/Profiles have "Manage Public List Views" permission on 
your SFDC org?  

(http://​https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customviews.htm&language=en_US)

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha
www.kdeepali.com