function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rajubalajirajubalaji 

how to create a task reminder alert to user when due time before 5 min

Hi Everyone,

If Anyone have idea please help me on this issue.

Here my Scenairo was we have one task page when user are creating for the sales team.How can i create a follow up time for task object and with a link of follow up date with apex controller class also.i need to get the reminder popup window notification alert before 15 mintues of due time for that user to completed the task.
In this way i dont want to use workflow r task reminders is there any different way to achieve this.if anyone have idea please help me on this issue.

thanks inadvance,
p.balu
Best Answer chosen by rajubalaji
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Balaji,
You will find this in developer console under task.obj
User-added image

All Answers

Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Balaji,
If you want the pop-up window before a specified time in lightning experience, you need to schedule a flow and call a lightning component as a pop-up notofication.
rajubalajirajubalaji
Hi Danish,

Thank you for reply.But here i am using classic version only.So can u tell me in classic without using workflow and object task is there any other way to create task.

And one more important thing i need to know that :
AFTER CREATED A TASK REMINDER WITH DATE AND TIME.WHERE THIS DATE AND TIME WILL STORE.if you have idea please help me.

Thnaks inadvance,
p.balaji
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Balaji,
In Classic, the pop-up window automatically comes up at the reminder time.
rajubalajirajubalaji
Hi Danish,

It will automitically come.Here i need to know after created one task with reminder checkbox.
for example : if i have created one task with reminder 12/12/2019 at 12:30 PM and i have saved it.
Here after saving where this reminder date and time will store(i mean in which field it will save/store).

If You have any idea please help me.

Thanks,
P.Balaji
gail warrgail warr
You explained in a detailed way. Thanks for that. Get more about the best private routers here. https://trickism.org/192-168-0-1-login/
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Balaji,
ReminderDateTime is the field on Task object.
rajubalajirajubalaji
Hi Danish,

Sorry i unable to find that in task object or task fields there only isreminderset but not there reminder date time.if u have idea can u share screenshots.

Thanks,
P.Balaji
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Balaji,
You will find this in developer console under task.obj
User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
Joshua SimsJoshua Sims
I am facing the same issue on my website let me know if the issue solve. showbox app link (https://showboxapp-download.info/)
rajubalajirajubalaji
Hi Danish,

Thank you so much for valuable information.Same thing like Reminder Date time it was not visible in task fields and task object and activity custom field in admin part.in admin part where i will get this ReminderDateTime.

Thanks,
P.Balaji
rajubalajirajubalaji
Hi Danish,

Thank you so much for help.One last request from my side.If have any idea please tell me how can i write a visual force and how can i link between these fields.

Alert window will pop up for before & after scheduled time/date for any open tasks
The alert after will be in red font indicating the time has passed
Introduce a field "Follow-up Time" next to the follow-up date to enter time in 15 mins intervals from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
It should be an optional field and default value is empty
Only if the time value is selected, an alert window will pop-up and will be shown to the user 5 mins before the selected time.

i have tried by using below code but not working fine.

Task t = new task();
t.Subject = "Send an SMS";
t.task Status = 'On-Hold';
t.isreminderSet  = true;
t.priority = 'Normal';
t.due_Time__c = System.Now().adddays(1);
t.reminderdatetime=t.due_time__c-0.25;
system.debug('reminder date time is'+t.reminderdatetime);
system.debug(duedatetime+t.due_time__c);
database.insert(t);

if You have idea please help me.

thanks inadvance
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Balaji,
Thanks for marking my answer as Best.
One quick question- how are you going to schedule this VF page alert window?