function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nick StofbergNick Stofberg 

Create a form on account record

We currently have a button on our account records which when clicks opens a form with further information about the account that can be filled in. This was custom built but isn't user friendly and a bit of a mess to be honest.
We are moving to Lightning, and I would like to suggest that this is an idea time to revisit this.

Is there an easy way to recreate this perhaps using Lightning?

Essentially, there just needs to be a button or link on the Account record, that allows addditional custom fields / data to be recorded about that account. And then we also need to build a few reports to report on the data.
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Nick,
In lightning you can create a custom lightning component using Field set and you can use this anywhare in tabs or in side component or button it self or quick action etc.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance we can directly connect to my gmail.

Thanks
Hemant
Email : sonihemant.jaipur@gmail.com
Ravi Dutt SharmaRavi Dutt Sharma
Hi Nick,

Why don't you directly use the standard Edit button to achieve this? If all the custom fields are on the Account object itself, then you can very well use the page layout.
Nick StofbergNick Stofberg
This is an example of the form. So you can see there is a lot of info so adding it to an already long account record page isn't really an option.
User-added image
User-added image
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
That's why i told you build custom lightning component and lightning component looks far good then your current implementation. 
if you need any help in lightning component then let me know.

Thanks
Hemant
Email : sonihemant.jaipur@gmail.com