function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RafaettiRafaetti 

InboundEmail read questionnaire

Hello, 

Recently I've been tasked with sending a questionnaire to customers related to specific orders with an e-mail with a questionnaire, when the user replies the InboundEmail class needs to save the information sended back (Evaluation from 0 to 10), plus any comentaries.

Is there a way to achieve this natively or trough Apex?

I've searched the boards but wasn't able to find any solution related to my problem, in any case if it's a duplicate topic sorry in advance!

Thank you!
Best Answer chosen by Rafaetti
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Rafaetti,

Yes, this is achievable in Salesforce. You need to combine few different salesforce component i.e. apex, vf / lightning component and Email.

#1: Create a Public Site:
  • This is quite an efficient way to receive feedback/response from the customer. 
  • Create a VF page "Survey Form" with all the questions and input options. 
  • Create a Public Site, and set "Survey Form" as the landing page (default page). 
  • Create an email with the link to a public site (VF page open to the public) with some Salesforce Id like Customer Id or record ID.
  • Ask the customer to click on the link and fill in the survey. 
  • Now you will be able to get all the response in Salesforce Directly. 
#2: Email Handler
  • Create a VF Email template with all the questionnaire.
  • For Input from user add [] boxes and ask the customer to fill in the information between these boxes. 
  • Create an "Inbound Email Handler" to parse the email. 
  • Read the input from the [] boxes and update the Salesforce record. 

Hope this gives some idea. 

For more information you can directly contact me on skype: gaurav62990, email: gauravgarg.nmims@gmail.com

​​​​​​​Thanks,

Gaurav

All Answers

GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Rafaetti,

Yes, this is achievable in Salesforce. You need to combine few different salesforce component i.e. apex, vf / lightning component and Email.

#1: Create a Public Site:
  • This is quite an efficient way to receive feedback/response from the customer. 
  • Create a VF page "Survey Form" with all the questions and input options. 
  • Create a Public Site, and set "Survey Form" as the landing page (default page). 
  • Create an email with the link to a public site (VF page open to the public) with some Salesforce Id like Customer Id or record ID.
  • Ask the customer to click on the link and fill in the survey. 
  • Now you will be able to get all the response in Salesforce Directly. 
#2: Email Handler
  • Create a VF Email template with all the questionnaire.
  • For Input from user add [] boxes and ask the customer to fill in the information between these boxes. 
  • Create an "Inbound Email Handler" to parse the email. 
  • Read the input from the [] boxes and update the Salesforce record. 

Hope this gives some idea. 

For more information you can directly contact me on skype: gaurav62990, email: gauravgarg.nmims@gmail.com

​​​​​​​Thanks,

Gaurav

This was selected as the best answer
RafaettiRafaetti
Thank you Gaurav! That was very helpfull!