function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sumesh ChandranSumesh Chandran 

Map put method not working

I am trying to put the id from database.saveresult return values and then the matching value from the citylist list into this map below, but I get an error "Method does not exist or incorrect signature: void put(sumchans__City_Master__c, Id) from the type Map<String,String>"

Database.SaveResult[] saveCityMaster = Database.Insert(cityList, false);
        Map<String,String> findCityId = new Map<String,String>();
        for (Database.SaveResult sr : saveCityMaster) {
            if (!sr.isSuccess()) {
                findCityId.put(cityList.get(0),sr.getId());
            }
        }

Best Answer chosen by Sumesh Chandran
Christan G 4Christan G 4
I have a few questions: Are you trying to retrieve the record from the list and input it into your map? What is the datatype for cityList? I assume it's datatype is sumchans__City_Master__c. I have written code below to resolve your issue. 

Map<Id, sumschan_City_Master__c> cityListMap = new Map<Id, sumschan_City_Master__c>(cityList);

Map<Id, sumschan_City_Master__c> findCityId = new Map<Id, sumschan_City_Master__c>();

if (sr.isSuccess()) {

findCityId.put(sr.getId() , cityListMap.get(sr.getId());

}
        }
If sumchans__City_Master__c isn't the datatype for cityList, please replace it with the correct datatype in the code. I haven't had a chance to test the code but I have reviewed it thoroughly and don't think, it'll cause an error. 

I hope it helps!

All Answers

Naga  AlapatiNaga Alapati
Hi Sumesh,

You need to use Map<String, Id> because you are trying to place Id as the value in the map. Try this one

Map<String,Id> findCityId = new Map<String,Id>();
            if (sr.isSuccess()) {
                findCityId.put(cityList.get(0),sr.getId());
            }
        }

Regards,
Naga
Hello Naga, tried the code above, It still gives me the same error.
manish arora 25manish arora 25
Pyar Tenu Karde Gabru (https://getsongname.com/pyar-tenu-karde-gabru-mp3-song/) this song by Ravneet Singh , song is been written Ravneet Singh and composed by Sumneet Download Tum Hi Aana Song mp3 songs i 128Kbps, 192Kbps and 320Kbps – in HD High Quality Audio.
Presenting Latest New Bollywood Song Lyrics of Fauj Ki Dahaad Song Lyrics Mr. BratBea From Kartikeye Ojha & Pranshu Jha . The latest Upcomin Movie Code M Song Fauj Ki Dahaad (https://getlyricsname.com/fauj-ki-dahaad-song-lyrics-code-m-mr-bratbeat/) Lyrics are written by Kumaar Mr. BratBeat and Music Directed by Kartikeye Ojha & Pranshu Jha
Christan G 4Christan G 4
I have a few questions: Are you trying to retrieve the record from the list and input it into your map? What is the datatype for cityList? I assume it's datatype is sumchans__City_Master__c. I have written code below to resolve your issue. 

Map<Id, sumschan_City_Master__c> cityListMap = new Map<Id, sumschan_City_Master__c>(cityList);

Map<Id, sumschan_City_Master__c> findCityId = new Map<Id, sumschan_City_Master__c>();

if (sr.isSuccess()) {

findCityId.put(sr.getId() , cityListMap.get(sr.getId());

}
        }
If sumchans__City_Master__c isn't the datatype for cityList, please replace it with the correct datatype in the code. I haven't had a chance to test the code but I have reviewed it thoroughly and don't think, it'll cause an error. 

I hope it helps!

This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Christian, That worked!
bittu biswasbittu biswas
Laal Genda Phool (https://webmusicmp3.in/filelist/51/laal-genda-phool-ringtone-badshah-ft-payal-dev/new2old/1.html) Presenting the audio song ” Laal Genda Phool ” this song by Badshah & Payal Dev , song is been written Badshah
manish arora 26manish arora 26
Genda Phool A Lyrics & Song Details: Presenting Latest New Song Lyrics Genda Phool  Song Badshah (https://songname.co/genda-phool-song-lyrics-in-hindi-and-english-badshah/), Payal Dev. The latest Song is sung by features Jacqueline Fernandez.