function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steven HoughtalenSteven Houghtalen 

how to set system administrator to default to classic?

I would like to know how I can have a system administrator user id default to classic when they logon.  I have 3 users that are system administors and can get two of them to work this way if I clone the orignial system admin profile and name it system admin custom and then uncheck Lightning Experience User in that profile.  One of the userids, however will not allow me to change the profile from System Administor.  I hope somone can help.  
Best Answer chosen by Steven Houghtalen
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Steven,

In order to achieve your requirement, There is a setting in the Lightning Experience Transition Assistant Called "Switch users to Lightning Experience on a regular schedule" that changes the user to Lightning. You can disable this and this should keep the user from being changed back to lighting till you are ready. This article goes over how to get to this setting.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lex_enable_users_autoswitch.htm&type=0

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Regards,
Abhishek Mudireddy.

All Answers

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Steven,

In order to achieve your requirement, There is a setting in the Lightning Experience Transition Assistant Called "Switch users to Lightning Experience on a regular schedule" that changes the user to Lightning. You can disable this and this should keep the user from being changed back to lighting till you are ready. This article goes over how to get to this setting.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lex_enable_users_autoswitch.htm&type=0

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Regards,
Abhishek Mudireddy.
This was selected as the best answer
Steven HoughtalenSteven Houghtalen
Thank you Abhishek.   Much appreciated.