function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Timo Bierbrauer 2Timo Bierbrauer 2 

Avoid auto merge of trailhead accounts

When I logged into my seperate trailhead account today a message popped up:

"Looks like you have more than one account
We're merging the accounts related to ****. Activity from all your accounts will appear in this one."

What the hell? I explicitly kept them seperate and Salesforce doesn't even ask me if there's a reason for it? And on top they decide which is the account to keep? That can't be right. Is there a way to avoid that?
Best Answer chosen by Timo Bierbrauer 2
Hi Abhishek,
so you recommend posting to the community I can't log into, to state the problem, that I cannot log in? Or should I use the account I wan't to keep exactly that away from?

For others annoyed by the same mechanism: Don't use a (backup) email address from your company, as it most likely is used in you company org (--> your company account) and the two will be linked. The merge seems to be inevitable. Support told me they can't unlink the accounts. I have to merge. Luckily the mechanism didn't seem to work. They are merged (I cannot unlink them anymore in the settings, I assume support is right and it worked before), but the information that is supossed to be joined is still seperate. If it merges I will create a new private account, have support migrate my trailhead info (hope it's possible to leave the groups/votes etc behind) and hope not too much info gets lost on the way.

All Answers

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Timo,

For all the Trailhead issues please report it here, https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/help?support=home So that our trailhead support engineers will look into it and get back to you. Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Regards,
​​​​​​​Salesforce Support.
Hi Abhishek,
so you recommend posting to the community I can't log into, to state the problem, that I cannot log in? Or should I use the account I wan't to keep exactly that away from?

For others annoyed by the same mechanism: Don't use a (backup) email address from your company, as it most likely is used in you company org (--> your company account) and the two will be linked. The merge seems to be inevitable. Support told me they can't unlink the accounts. I have to merge. Luckily the mechanism didn't seem to work. They are merged (I cannot unlink them anymore in the settings, I assume support is right and it worked before), but the information that is supossed to be joined is still seperate. If it merges I will create a new private account, have support migrate my trailhead info (hope it's possible to leave the groups/votes etc behind) and hope not too much info gets lost on the way.
This was selected as the best answer