function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Salesforce Admin 1915Salesforce Admin 1915 

How to convert contact to lead, through standard functionality?

Jakub Kołodziej 7Jakub Kołodziej 7
You can convert contact to lead. You can create custom flow which will do that and call it from Process builder or button
Salesforce Admin 1915Salesforce Admin 1915

Can we mass covert contact to leads? Also is there a way other than flow?

What do u mean by mass? In my view:
1. Export contact field values and import using Data Loader.
2. Create list button to update field on Contact (like Convert_to_lead__c) and again flow can convert them.
Andrew GAndrew G
I would question the business case.

If we think of Leads as intended by SF (and generically considered in many Sales processes) - a person who I may be able to convert into a customer and therefore derive a sale.

A Contact is someone who exists as an employee (or someother association) of an existing customer. 

Why would I revert someone from being an existing person of an existing customer into someone who may become a customer?

Wondering if you need to consider something like campaigns and campaign members to answer your business need.

Regards
Andrew
Well, in our company we created flow to reconvert contacts. Sometimes lead was converted to contact so there was an opportunity to sell a product, but finally we didn't sell anything. So in business he was again lead, not an opportunity.
Andrew GAndrew G
Hi Jakub

That is an interesting business process.  In a way , it raises more questions.  Such as what happens to the Opportunity that was created against the Contact?  If you delete the Opportunity, does that affect reporting? for example on the Opportunity conversion ratios.

But i'm not here to subvert the OP's thread.  So there is no need to answer those questions.

Thank you for your response.  It is good to hear how others do processes in their org.

Regards
Andrew
Here is my flow:
User-added image

we delete created contact (in our model account), and converted lead(you can create lookup with isconverted field to get Converted Lead Id), deleted accounts are moved to the Recycle Bin, along with these associated items:
  • Contacts
  • Opportunities
  • Orders
  • Contracts (if they're not activated)
  • Activities
  • Notes
  • Attachments
  • Portal roles and groups (if all portal users in the account are disabled)
  • Partner relationships
  • Relationship group members
Then we are creating new lead with opportunity/account fields we need. At the beginning my flow had fast lookup to all tasks related to opportunity/account and fast update to relate them to newly created lead.
When u make that this way it does not affect reporting.
RabRab
Hi Jakub,
The current instance that I am looking after is looking for something similar.  Can you please share your flow with me? I would like to try and build the same thing