function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
satya danthuluri 15satya danthuluri 15 

Hi Team! I want to build a e-commerce site with salesforce for my e-commerce site customers should register and login and see the products available to them .So how to build a registration and login for my customers in salesforce?

smantha thornsmantha thorn
Well To build a registration and login functionality for your e-commerce site using Salesforce, you can follow these steps:
Create a Custom Object: Start by creating a custom object in Salesforce to store customer information. You can include fields like Name, Email, Password, and any other relevant details.
Enable Customer Portal: Salesforce provides a feature called Customer Portal (or Community Cloud) that allows you to build a self-service portal for your customers. Enable and configure the Customer Portal in your Salesforce org.
Create a Registration Page: Within the Customer Portal, create a custom registration page where customers can enter their information to create an account. You can use Salesforce Visualforce pages or Lightning Components to build the registration page. Capture the necessary details like Name, Email, and Password.
Implement Account Creation Logic: When a customer submits the registration form, you need to implement the logic to create a new record in the custom object you created earlier. You can use Apex (Salesforce's programming language) to write a trigger or a custom Apex class to handle the account creation process.
Implement Login Functionality: Once a customer has registered, you need to provide a login page where they can enter their credentials to access their account. Salesforce provides standard login functionality that you can leverage. You can customize the login page using Salesforce branding options.
Set Access Controls: Determine the access controls and permissions for different customer roles. You can use Salesforce Profiles and Permission Sets to control the visibility and functionality available to different customer groups.
Display Products: To show products specific to each customer, you can use Salesforce's built-in sharing and visibility features. You can create a relationship between the customer object and the product object, and configure record sharing rules or create a custom sharing logic to ensure that customers can only see the products available to them. Though one of my colleague tried it for mrjoneorganics (https://mrjoneorganics.com/) and was successful.
Implement Password Reset: Provide a way for customers to reset their passwords if they forget or want to change them. Salesforce provides a password reset functionality that you can customize to fit your e-commerce site's requirements.
Remember to thoroughly test your registration and login functionality to ensure a smooth user experience and proper security measures.
I hope this helps you get started with building registration and login for your e-commerce site in Salesforce.