function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Julie Curry 19Julie Curry 19 

Hard delete and storage update

I have run demand tools with a hard delete for over 2m records.  From what I see most of them are gone but our data storage % hasn't changed.  I saw that the update is asynchronous but many of these were deleted yesterday so I expected some kind of change in our storage usage.  Am I missing something?
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Julie,

Even if you delete the records using Demand Tools those are still available in recycle bin.If you would like to delete them permanently then you can clear the records from the recycle bin and please reach out to the salesforce support to run the physical delete to clear them from backend.

Reference:https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000336818&type=1&mode=1

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

Julie Curry 19Julie Curry 19
@shirisha, Thank you for your comments.  I did the task as a hard delete which I thought permanently deletes the records rather than them going to the recycle bin.  
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Julie,

I don't there is any tool which will delete the records permanently.So,whenever you delete any record it should go to the recycle bin and the records will be avaialble 30 days to restore.If you would like to delete them permanently then salesforce will run Physical delete to clean them from the database.

You can create a case with the support or let me know your Organization details to create the case on behalf of you to run the physical delete.

Thank you!

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri