function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jesper HasselquistJesper Hasselquist 

enableClickToDial callback not being called

Hi fellow developers,

I have developed an openCTI app for the Lightning Experience and am now trying to implement Click To Dial. When I am testing it out in a scratch org, everything works perfectly. But when I package the app into a Managed Beta package and install it in an org, it does not work. None of my callbacks are being called. Please see below code snippet for my code I am trying to run.

function enableClickToDialCallback(response) {
    if (!response.success) {
        console.error("Something went wrong while initializing Click to Dial. Errors:", response.errors);
    }
}

sforce.opencti.enableClickToDial({
    callback: enableClickToDialCallback
});

function clickToDialListener(payload) {
    if (payload.number) {
        console.log("Payload", payload);
    }
}

sforce.opencti.onClickToDial({
    listener: clickToDialListener
});

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Jesper,

Does this happen even with salesforce provided "Open CTI Demo Adapter" or just with the app you developed?
Thanks

Hi Swetha,

I have not tried the demo before, so I tried setting it up now. But I was not able to set things up and get the code to an org where I could test it. 

But the problem is not that my click to dial is not working. The problem is that click to dial is not working after i package it into a Managed Beta package and installing that into an org. The callbacks that I pass into `enableClickToDial` and `onClickToDial` is never called. It worked perfectly in my scratch org though.

SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Jesper,

Do you see any errors in console logs?Also, this post might be of help - https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000009BCoIAM .

Please mark this answer as best if it helps.
Thanks

Hi!

No errors in the console. I have no idea what they are talking about in that post you linked. I am not using the `runApex` method.

Badar Ali 5Badar Ali 5
Hello Jesper, if you were able to resolve the issue please share the solution as I am also facing same scenario.