function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ricki ReayRicki Reay 

Field updates to external system through API only working for developer user?

Hello,

I am working with a developer on a button that pushes several demographic fields from the account object in Salesforce to an external system through API. The form where users will be filling out field values and pressing update is built within a lightning component. It was tested in a sandbox org. and was working, but since it has been pushed into production, the button is no longer worker for any user other than the developer who created the component and pushed it into SF. 

When any user but the developer tries to update the fields and push it into the external system, the push (from the backend where the developer is checking) shows no values (i.e. it is reading the fields as null even though users are putting in updated values) and therefore, nothing is being updated in the external system. I tried to see if there were any differences in permissions between the developer's user account and the other accounts we have been testing with, but have not found any. If anything, the other user accounts we are testing with have more permissions/access within the produciton SF org. than the developer's user account. Additionally, the developer has confirmed that nothing on the component's code has changed since the testing done in the sandbox.

I am wondering if any of you have any suggestions or insight on where I may look to try and troubleshoot this error? Is there any obvious reason why the push is only working for the developer and no other user? Why would the fields being pushed be showing null even when users are filling them in with updated values?

Thanks in advance for any and all help/insight.

Ricki
Best Answer chosen by Ricki Reay
Ricki ReayRicki Reay
Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. It actually wound up being a validation rule on the account object that excluded the developer based on their user ID. The account record we were testing in production did not meet the requirements of the validation rule, however instead of displaying the VR error message, when we were pressing the update button it just wasn't working (i.e. not passing through values). All solved now.

Thanks again everyone.

Ricki

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ricki,

Try to check API end points URL configured the settings might be different in sandbox and production.

Enable debug logs and try to replicate and capture logs for both working and non-working scenerio and that gives you more information and error why button is not been invoked.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
Rahul Kumar DeyRahul Kumar Dey
@Ricki, is it working using postman before deployed to production?
donald ronaldodonald ronaldo
 I tried to see if there were any differences in permissions between the developer's user account and the other accounts teatvred (https://teatv.info/)
Ricki ReayRicki Reay
Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. It actually wound up being a validation rule on the account object that excluded the developer based on their user ID. The account record we were testing in production did not meet the requirements of the validation rule, however instead of displaying the VR error message, when we were pressing the update button it just wasn't working (i.e. not passing through values). All solved now.

Thanks again everyone.

Ricki
This was selected as the best answer
nick jonasnick jonas
Thanks for the responses. It actually wound up being a validation rule on the account object that excluded the developer based on their user ID.
playboxhd (https://playboxhd.me/)    https://playboxhd.me/
Pinoy Lambingan 6Pinoy Lambingan 6
A debt of gratitude is in order for the reactions. It really ended up being an approval rule on the record object that avoided the engineer dependent on their client ID. Lambingan (https://hdlambingan.net/)