function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aivaras GeraltauskasAivaras Geraltauskas 

Updating Records In Process flows

I am working on developing a process flow and i am having issues with updating records. Basically, the flow has a decision which branches out to 5 different outcomes. I have noticed that when I debug the flow, the records are updated fine for the outcome which I have selected but the rest of the records give an error 

The error message is: 
Error Occurred: The flow tried to update these records: null. This error occurred: INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD: Complete - Follow up Needed: value not of required type

I am guessing that the issue is that checkboxes cannot be saved as "null" and need to be set as false instead. How can I change the default values for the checkboxes to be false rather than null. 

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Aivaras,

Greetings!

We can set the default value as mentioned in the below document which will resolve the issue:

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000pOVAQA2

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

Hi Shirisha,

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately, I have tried this already and all this does is make the checkbox checked by default and this does not solve the issue. Also, I do not want the checkboxes to be checked as this would mean that people will have to uncheck a lot of the checkboxes which is unnecesarry.

Kind Regards,
Aivaras.
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Aivaras,

Instead of making it as checked by default you can set the default to unchecked which is false.So,you do not need to uncheck it everytime.

You can try by using Global Constant False for unchecked.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

Hi Shirisha,

I get this error only if I do not check a specific checkbox which can only be visible in one of the outcomes. Even when I have the default value as false or true, it still says that the value returned is null and gives an error.