function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
orion nowigenceorion nowigence 

We using developer edition -trial verison. We need to get the notes added by user using rest api the query returns emplty results :select Title,Body from Note where parentId = any suggestins ?

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Orion,

Greetings!

Can you please confirm,if the notes which were added by Rest call are visible in Salesforce.If yes,I would suggest you to check based on the recordId as below to confirm:

SELECT Id,ParentId FROM Note where Id=''

If the record is existing in Org then you should be able to query them.

Reference:https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_note.htm

Also,can you please if you are trying to work on the enhanced notes like ContentNote then we might have to work on the different Objects.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

Hi Shirisha Thanks for the response. Basically we are looking for the Salesforce API integration with our product. Able to get the Accounts details using the rest API: sf_data = sf.query_all("SELECT Id,Name,Type FROM Account") Using the salesforce lightning UI - added few notes also tagged to one Account ( in attached screenshot - SFNotes) Now I need to fetch all those created "notes" and its content using some api/soql I tried :select Title,Body from Note where parentId ='xxxxx' it returns empty data. What is the correct way to get that ? Also additionally I need to get the attachments / documents uploade also. I am fine to connect over a call also . Regards Shanku 7324475005
jose jose 14jose jose 14
I suggest that you take into account the comments (https://podcast.asc.upenn.edu/subscribe/#comment-2713) that you are going to give them, since this is the most sincere and close opinion that you will want.
Original question: We using developer edition -trial verison. We need to get the notes added by user using rest api the query returns emplty results :select Title,Body from Note where parentId = any suggestion ? Reply : Please review the link given in previous commnet