function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ishan Goyal 9Ishan Goyal 9 

At present, the lookup fields and the formula fields do not have any sharing rules. This means that presently duplicate text fields need to be formed and managed.. How can I do this with extensive coding?

Let suppose, you want a client and company meeting specific qualifications to be added in the user field for a particular Account. Now imagine you want to do this for hundreds of accounts. The manual process of adding hundreds of users due to the lack of sharing rules becomes very tiring for me and it is consuming a lot of my time doing R&d by writing huge lines of code. Is there any 3rd party tool or the easy way that I can use to save my time?
Naman SinglaNaman Singla

Hi Ishan,

I hope you are doing great well!

I think you are looking for someting which is Inheritance-Based Sharing: Effortlessly Share/ Inherit Sharing in Lookup Relationships, just like Master-Detail Relationships.

Sharing inheritance is essential for access accuracy and for a more connected working of different stakeholders. Master-Detail Relationships enable you to set the Sharing Settings to allow child records to inherit visibility from the parent which Lookup Relationships don’t. So, when a child record is associated with an Account in Lookup Relationship, you need to rely on the complex and expensive Apex Managed Sharing.

I know a product, a third party tool which can alleviate the complexities in sharing Lookup objects.Its name is ShareIT-O and its link is

https://www.manras.com/shareit-o/

Its free right now and may be paid in future.

Please mark my answer as best match if it helps you so that it can help others too.

Cheers!