function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
paluru laharipaluru lahari 

need help to show child object`s other fields

Hello all,

I have two objects, Sessions and Session registrations. Session registration obj has master detail relation with session obj. Now while creating a record of session registration, i want to display session obj date fields instead of name fields how can i approach to this solution?

Any help would be appreciated.
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
hi Paluru,
You can't have this with Std functionality, but can be achieved with a lightning component which will fetch the field's value of parent when a parent is selected.
Naveen KNNaveen KN

@Danish
just my doubt. In the above scenario where they want to get the master field[session obj] in the detail[session registration obj], cant we make use of formula fields to display the parent details in the child object. 

--
Naveen k N
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi there,
There are two situations to handle which can't be achieved using a formula field:
  • The Name field is a standard Text field, which can't be converted to a formula field.
  • The Formula fields are displayed once the record is saved, while in the requirement they want the Name to be displayed while creation. @Paluru, please correct me if my understanding is wrong.
@Danish
i want to display the session obj date/time field to be displayed in session registration obj instead of session name field. this need to be displayed while creating a record.
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Paluru,
Is the session obj date/time to be shown in some field or the Name field of the session registration obj?
Hi Danish,
I want to show the session obj date/time field in session registration page instead os session Name field. but, i am able to show only the session name.
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Paluru,
Create a lightning component and override the New button on os object.
In the lightning cmp, have following functionalities:
  • A custom UI for SR creation with no Name field
  • A lookup field to enter Session record (Master)
  • On change of above input field, call (Apex) for the selected session record's date/time field to show it on ession registration page.