function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeffrey Wong 168Jeffrey Wong 168 

Having problem signing up a developer org

I want to create a new Org for a project and so I went to developer.salesforce.com to sign up for a new one. I keyed in all info needed with a new user name. It sent me link to verify my account. When I clicked the link, I expected to go to a page to set my password - but NO!. It was a log in page asking for username and password (which i do not have). I clicked Forget Password, it sent me a link again and lead me to this page
User-added image
I keyed in my username and clicked Continue. It asked me to check my email for resetting password link. And this goes on and on and on and on. Are you all facing the same problem too or it is just me? Am I doing something wrong here? Please help.
Best Answer chosen by Jeffrey Wong 168
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Check your email I have sent a reset email to you.

While doing it clear your cookies and use Incognito mode.

I will help you to resolve your issue.

All Answers

Hi Jeffrey Wong,

Can you provide me the Username or Org ID where you are facing the issue?

Thanks.
I had created a few usernames to sign up for a org but to no avail.  The usernames are jw@purdomdaily.com, jw95@purdomdaily.com, jeffrey@purdomdaily.com and jw168@purdomdaily.com.

Cheers, jw
JW can you conform the Org name is 'JW Consultancy'?

And the email is registered is 'Emailjw95@hotmail.com'?
Abhlshek, Yes to both questions!

Now, is it true that for Developer edition, you cannot use the same email address for different orgs, even though you have unique usernames for different orgs? 
Check your email I have sent a reset email to you.

While doing it clear your cookies and use Incognito mode.

I will help you to resolve your issue.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Abhlshek. I got the email and finally able to set my passwords. Many thanks!

For future reference and to avoid this happening agian, can you answer the following questions:
1) When I want to create new Org for whatever reason, can I use the same email address which has been used for other orgs, as long as I have unique usernames?
2) Whenever we create a new Org, we should clear cookies and use Incognito mode, is this right?

Once again, many thanks for your assistance.

Cheers, jw
I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Hi AbhIshek, I sure able to mark Best Answer! But can you answer my two questions above for future reference? Cheers, jw
For the first question, you can't use the same email ID.

And the second one it's a good practice to clear cookies while doing it.