function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AichaSFAichaSF 

Flow called from Trigger - An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow

I receive this error when I try to execute the trigger to lunch a flow:
This error occurred when the flow tried to update records: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1480477384-19356 (1531461387). You can look up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide.|FlowRecordUpdate|updateScheduleLine

Can someone help me
Best Answer chosen by AichaSF
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Aicha,

Greetings!

I have checked the internal server logs with the error Id provided and found the actual error message as below:

common.apex.runtime.ApexExecutionContext$TriggerDepthException: maximum trigger depth exceeded

This issue occurs whenever a user hits a recursive Apex Trigger. Trigger calls into itself 16 times and then fails.
In this case the gack is seen for a single user .So,can you please if there is an after update trigger in your scenario and check if it is calling the trigger in recursive.

Also,It is a standard trigger behavior for recursive attempts and not specific to any Object.

We have an existing bug created for this and which will never fixed as it is standard triggers behavior.
---------------------------------------------

If you are unable to figure out how the trigger is executing recursively then capture the debug logs while replicating the issue to fix the code in the trigger.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Aicha,

Greetings!

I have checked the internal server logs with the error Id provided and found the actual error message as below:

common.apex.runtime.ApexExecutionContext$TriggerDepthException: maximum trigger depth exceeded

This issue occurs whenever a user hits a recursive Apex Trigger. Trigger calls into itself 16 times and then fails.
In this case the gack is seen for a single user .So,can you please if there is an after update trigger in your scenario and check if it is calling the trigger in recursive.

Also,It is a standard trigger behavior for recursive attempts and not specific to any Object.

We have an existing bug created for this and which will never fixed as it is standard triggers behavior.
---------------------------------------------

If you are unable to figure out how the trigger is executing recursively then capture the debug logs while replicating the issue to fix the code in the trigger.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
This was selected as the best answer
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Aicha,
The GACK Id "1531461387" points to "maximum trigger depth exceeded
OpportunityLineItemSchedule trigger event AfterUpdate"

You can refer https://www.sfdcpoint.com/salesforce/maximum-trigger-depth-exceeded-error-salesforce/ for more information
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/79371/maximum-trigger-depth-exceeded

Please ensure your code is updated accordingly.
Hope this helps you. Please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful.

Thank you
Sri Arumilli 3Sri Arumilli 3
Hi Aicha,

It looks like our team of experts can help you resolve this ticket.
We have Salesforce global helpdesk support and you can log a case and our Customer Success Agents will help you solve this issue. You can also speak to them on live chat. Click on the below link to contact our helpdesk. Trust me it is a support service that we are offering for free!

http://jbshelpdesk.force.com

Thanks,
Jarvis SFDC team