function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manasa Bowenpally 16Manasa Bowenpally 16 

Custom field updating with a random value while using that field through connected app

Custom field updating with a random value while using that field through connected app

I have a field securoity token under contact object and we are trying to generate a token using external application with the connected app and we are not able to update the field as there is a default random value generated on that field.

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Manasa,

Check if there is any default value in formula editor on field level.

Also enable field History tracking on security token field so that it can help when you debug and compare old and new values.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
Manasa Bowenpally 16Manasa Bowenpally 16
The field I have created is a text field and checked all the workflow updates, flows and debug logs but the random value isnt allocated from salesforce.
Nalini ch 6Nalini ch 6
Hello 

It looks like our team of experts can help you resolve this ticket. We have Salesforce global help-desk support and you can log a case and our Customer Success Agents will help you solve this issue. You can also speak to them on live chat. Click on the below link to contact our help-desk. Trust me it is a support service that we are offering for free!

https://jbshelpdesk.secure.force.com

Thanks,
Jarvis SFDC team