function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nandhini S 3Nandhini S 3 

Hide record type from users

Hi guys,
I need to hide a record type from users when they click on New button. But the users need access to the record type.
How can this be implemented?
Can it be done without overriding the new button?
AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nandhini,

Make that record type as default if user have single recordtype. Is that user has more than one recordtype access at profile level?

Thanks!!
Haseeb Ahmed 24Haseeb Ahmed 24
Record Types are used so that you can display different picklist values, and object page layouts to different users in your Salesforce system
Ramu JulaRamu Jula
Hi Nandhini,
You need to Default Your particular Record Type, Based On(particular Profile OR All Profiles), you want to default Make Default check Box Is enable. User-added image
In Above Pic, I am Added a System Admin Profile having default Record Type, It is Worked. 

Thanks!
Ramu

Nandhini S 3Nandhini S 3
There are two record types for the object - New and renewal. Only 'New' record type should be available when user clicks on standard 'New' button. There is a custom button to create records with 'Renewal' recordtype. So 'Renewal' recordtype shouldn't be availble in the recordtype list.
Nandhini S 3Nandhini S 3
Hi Ramu,
How do i update the default record type for all the profiles. Is there any other way than doing it for each profile?
TIA
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi  Nandhini,

As per my understanding you have two button on user page New and Renewal.  if  i am correct then your profile should be assing both of recordTyps.

if you want when user click on New or Renewal then record type option should not be visible. if i am correct the you need to go with Customisation like AURA or LWC component.

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh