function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RishuRishu 

Profile access

Hi everyone,
Is their anyway to assign permission set to profiles. I know we can assign permission set to users but my requirement is to assign it to profiles.

Currently for an object I have 2 record types and 2 profiles out of 10 is given create access. Now I need to create 3rd record type and 9 profiles out of 10 should have create access. The already existing record types should have create access for 2 profiles only. 
What approach I should follow. Is it achievable?
AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rishu,

You can give the 3rd recordtype access to 9 profiles. User can able to create records using that recordtype.

Thanks!!
RishuRishu
Hi Ankaiah
Record type access is already given. But the object have only create access for 2 profiles. So apart from two profiles another profile tries to create a record it will not allow to create the record
AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rishu,

Then give 3rd recordtype access to only two profiles. Users can able to create record using this recordtype.

Thanks!!
Naveen KNNaveen KN
Either you can enable the remaining profiles with Create Access to that object or You can create one permission set which gives create access to that object and assign it to the users.