function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Carol WalgenwittCarol Walgenwitt 

Deploy Lightning Web Component Files

I am on the challenge to create an app page for bike card component in Trailhead. I am the trail to obtain my Salesforce Platform Developer certerfication. In VS Code I am to create a project bikeCard, authorize an org, deploy the bikeCard component from VS Code to my Salesforce org. I have an old (dinosaur)computer I am working with VS Code verison 2022 It is very slow but was able to authorize an org and it connected to my Salesforce org just last week. I was having issues with Deploying the component over to Salesforce - I got message invalid suffix .json, error value too long for field source maximum length is 131072. I uninstalled then reinstalled - I did this last week without too much issue - today I did it now get new message "the terminal process failed to launch Invalid starting directory" I have attached sreen shot. I am lost. I need help. I tried to figure out on my own. I need help. I need VS Code working to deploy component to pass challenge to move onto get my CertificationVS Code Terminal message
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Carol,

Please note that Questions about how to pass Trailhead challenges are not on topic, because these challenges are intended to be independent demonstrations of your abilities.
Trailhead Help (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/help?support=home) 

can provide assistance for situations where Trailhead does not appear to be functioning correctly. You can reach out to them if this is the case.Hope above information helps.   

Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in future.

Thanks,

Carol WalgenwittCarol Walgenwitt
Hi Sai,

If you read my question you would know I was not asking of how to pass the Trailhead challenge. I am asking an application question regarding VS Code. If you read the instructions to the challenge, it requires you to have VS Code working to complete the exercise and the challenge. I am have issues/problems with my VS Code working. I was informed by a Trailhead Support person to post my question in this Forum to get a response my quickly as posting in the Trailhead Community I have not received much help for what to do. I attached a screen shot of my message from VS Code that the Terminal process failed. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you