function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
imrohitimrohit 

I want to integrate my  salesforce account to  IBM's Filenet to store files on it. How can i do thds Please Help guys

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Lokesh,

Using rest api and calling filenet api. and WSI - http://<hostname>:<port>/wsi/FNCEWS40SOAP/wsdl.

Two methods you can try.

1 ) if you want to store or retrieve documents to /from FileNet it's using MTOM, its pretty straightforward. But There was a difficulty when the stream size is greater than the content element ingestion size, it would probably fail to ingest.

2) If you want to pass associated userId to have to pass it via user token its little tough.

3) We used a different approach, to pass user id as metadata to store it in document class as an additional parameter. Whereas actual ingestion of a document is done using FileNet admin account. We could implement that successfully, using method3.

4)On the client size of Salesforce, rendered document was displaying well in native browsers as it was PDF,  but for other doc types, we could not support. In fact, we don't need any other layer(middleware) like Mulesoft, just a middle layer like Java/FileNet wrapper APIs should help you

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra
imrohitimrohit

Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for explaning but i want more inforamtion on this so can you please provide some links of blogs etc so that i can get more information on this

Thanks

Likesh

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Lokesh,

Please refer to below link from stack exchange community which might help you further. Please let us know if this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra

prem jonnala 11prem jonnala 11
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016YhfEAE
David Lewis 22David Lewis 22
Intellective is introducing a new solution called Unity for Salesforce which, out of the box, provides seamless integration between Salesforce Lightning environments and IBM FileNet Content Manager.  It is in the final stages of security review with Salesforce and will be available on AppExchange soon.  However, it is available now from Intellective if you'd like to take a look.  In addition to integrating with FileNet, the solution also integrates with other CMIS repositories like Sharepoint and Alfresco, as well as Box, and can do a single cross repository Enterprise search of content all from the Salesforce Lightning UI. 

Even more impressive, it provides the same seamless integration for IBM Case Manager/Business Automation Workflow.  From the Salesforce Lightning UI, Salesforce users can start, interact with, or complete workflows running outside of Salesforce in IBM Case Manager or Business Automation Workflow.  With Unity for Salesforce, Salesforce users now have the ability to truly have a 360 degree view of all authorized information across the Enterprise.

Check it out:  https://www.intellective.com/unity-for-salesforce/