function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jairus McClureJairus McClure 

Case being closed to lead, need the Case related list to be transferred to Lead related list

We have a group working with the 'Case' Object in Salesforce to log support interactions with customers. When a customer gets in touch with this group, they log many things in this Case, one of which being a related list called 'Product Interest'. This list includes part numbers the particular customer associated with this C
ase is interested in. 

At the end of working with the customer, our group makes a judgement call on if there is potential for future business with this customer. If so, they will change the 'Case Status' to 'Closed to Lead'. Changing the Case to this status automatically creates and assigns a lead in Salesforce for one of our field sales guys to follow up on. The problem I'm running into is I'd like that Product Interest related list also show up in the Lead record once a case has been closed to a lead. This way instead of our sales guys having to go into the case and look, the info will be directly on the lead itself. 

I already have the Product Interest list on the lead object, the problem is getting the correct record to show up in that list associated with the lead. I have also already created 'Lead Lookup' and 'Case Lookup' fields on the Product Interest object itself. I'm just not sure how I can auto populate the lead lookup field once a case has been closed to a lead. 

Any help here is greatly appreciated, I've already tried using Process Builder to no avail and I'm guessing this will require a bit of coding.