function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jessi WaldonJessi Waldon 

New to Apex coding, and we are using a managed package Cloud Coach Milestone and receiving an error.

I am updating a custom task (Milestone Tasks) status to completed. It is throwing an exception:

Review the following errors
CCMI.TaskConfiguration: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0Z46000003E4s2EAC; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, CCMI.TaskConfiguration: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0Z46000003E95ZEAS; first error: SELF_REFERENCE_FROM_TRIGGER, Object (id = a0Z46000003E95Z) is currently in trigger CCMI.TaskConfiguration, therefore it cannot recursively update itself: [] (CCMI): [] (CCMI)

When I try to pull up the code I started with TaskConfiguration but it shows (hidden) in the dev console. Any help you can provide in trouble shooting this would be appreciated. 
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
From the Error "cannot recursively update itself" looks like you are trigger is exeutinig recursively .. please set the falg not to run more than once 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000199485&type=1
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000133752&language=en_US&type=1
gpforcegpforce
Hi Jessi,

From the error, it appears that the trigger is called recursively. Since the error is originating from a managed package (CCMI.TaskConfiguration), you would not be able to update it yourself and you should get in touch with the support for the managed packge.

Also, as recursion is usually handled as part of best practices, yours may be a corner case that hasn't been handled. So you may provide details of the steps you are taking and the records you are updating which will help resolve it quickly.
so_mayankso_mayank
Hi Jessi,

Managed package code is not visible to the subscriber. @gpforce is correct, you should contact the package provider for support.

Kindly mark one of the above answers as best answer if they resolved your issue.

Thanks