function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rebecca Wilson 1Rebecca Wilson 1 

Import Errors

Hello 

I'm trying to import some lists into a custom object but my version of Salesforce has allowed multiple ID's to be created even if they are different cases, (The Import Wizard just sees duplicates agains the contact/account) when trying to import I get the following error - eventually I will need to do a mass upload of 5000 plus records at a time depending on who the end user will be. 

DUPLICATE_EXTERNAL_ID:Name: more than one record found for external id field: [a0Bw000000wU3P7EAK, a0B0Q0000000bzYUAQ]:Name --
Is there a way to fix the existing problem so that all of the Contact and Account ID's are unique and going forward that all of the ID's are unique so that when importing I don't get the error message. 

Many thanks 
Rebecca
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rebecca,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

May I suggest you please refer to below link with a similar discussion which might help you further. Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Rebecca Wilson 1Rebecca Wilson 1
Hi Nagendra

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Sorry this doesn't help as it doesn't tell me how to make all of the records unique so that I can do uploads. Are there any other articles that I can look at that may help probably with a formula that I can impliment. 

Many thanks
Rebecca
Aasim weplanithkAasim weplanithk
"Godrej avenues provide a construction of specializes in delivering a turnkey solution for the building of residential, industrial and commercial projects.
Address: 22nd Floor, 3 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
+ 852-98101465
email:sabeenaluthra@weplanithk.com
Mobile : + 852-98101465"

https://www.weplanithk.com/godrej-united/17/

SFDC Prime SquadSFDC Prime Squad
Hi Rebecca,

Can you please specify the operation here? Insert/Upsert ?