function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dellseysdellseys 

create a send email and generate excel button on a custom object for receipt

1. I want to generate a receipt into excel by clicking a "generate reciept" button on a custom object
2. I want a second button "send email" to send an email from a custom object. The email will be sent using email template I created. 

Any ideas?
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi Stephen,
  1. Before generating it into excel you would have to decide in what format you need the receipt, for now have a look at the pritable view. This gives an idea on how to generate the receipt.
  2. You can send the email from the custom object, using the template which you created, using a workflow and a quick action. 
    • Set up a quick action which updates a checkbox in the object.
    • Write a workflow which triggers when the checkbox is ticked and criteria as subsequently met, in the workflow you can set up a email alert and select the template you have created, and also add a field update which unchecks the checkbox, so that the email can be sent again. If you dont uncheck it, you would be only be sent the email once.
Hope that helps
RD

RD@SFRD@SF
Hi Stephen,

Found this for creating an excel extract
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000003176&type=1

Seems pretty staright forward, you can create a URL button with the excel view suffix and you click on the button to extract in excel.

Hope it helps
RD