function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manjeet Singh 17Manjeet Singh 17 

Default Login Lightning Stand Alone App

Problem: I have earlier a visualforce page as a default tab, so the uaer is redirected to that visualforace tab when he\she logins. The Visualforce page has a custom header and the default header is hidden(showheader = false). Now I am in lightning experience and I can't remove the headers in the Lightning experience. So I started using the Lightning stand alone app, but I want the user to redirect to that app whenever the user login.
Question Is there a way to open a Lightning app directly when the user login ?
Naveen KNNaveen KN
Hello Manjeet, yes we can set a default lightning app in the profile level. 

Codengine.in
  1. From Setup, enter Profiles in the Quick Find box, then select Profiles.
  2. Select a profile and scroll to the Custom App Settings section.
  3. Select Default next to the Lightning app.
Hi @Naveen KN thanks for the reply, I want user to be redirected to Lightning standalone(aura Application), not the Cusomt Lightning application we create.
Naveen KNNaveen KN
Hi Manjeet, try this approach. 
1. create a lightning component > in the init method of that component implement navigate to app functionality. Basicially we are haviing a method to fire the navigation to your new lightning auta application. ex. navigate to this URL https://naveenkn456-dev-ed.lightning.force.com/c/POCAPP.app
2. Make this lightning component as a default tab. so when you login, this component will load initially which fires the navigation to open your aura application. 

Not sure if this is best approach. You can try once and let us know the results. update in case if you find some other approach.

That can work, let me try it.