function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Casper AndersenCasper Andersen 

Unable to change password in Trailhead Playground org

Hi,

I am trying to complete a challenge where I need to install an app from AppExchange. To do this, I need to know my password. Unfortunately I am unable to change my password in my Playground. I have tried to follow the trails: "Get Your Trailhead Playground Username and Password" and the help article how to change password in the "setup --> users". However when I try to access the "users" page, the connection fails and it kick me out of the playground environment. If I then click "Forgot Password" and follow the instructions in the email, I get a security question which I dont have the answer for. Not sure if this is caused by permissions. I have tried to create a new playground environment, however still get the same issue.

Hopefully somebody can help with this.

Cheers,
Casper
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Raise a case from below link by providing username of the tarilhead playground and they can send you the password reset link.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/help

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Best Regards
Sandhya

Randy LutcavichRandy Lutcavich
Found a work around to login into the Playground without a password.

Go to your playground through a Trailhead so you don't need to login.
Go to your user settings.
Enable Lightening Login and install Salesforce Authenticator on your phone.
Now when you try to login, use the username in your playground's user's settings, but don't enter your password.
This will take you to a page where you can finish the login using your Salesforce Authenticator app.

Note: Don't forget to make sure you've set a custom domain on the login screen. Use the url (up to the .com) that you get when you access the Playground through the Trailhead.