function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aladdin USAladdin US 

Unable to open Developer Console for User

Hi,
       Developer Console is not opening for the user with profile ' Standard User '. Any solution.

Thanks.

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Greetings to you!

Please check Author Apex permission under system permission for the profile.
By default, Standard profile users do not have the "View All" and "Author Apex" perms and so, they do not have access to Developer Console. However, when a System admin logs in as Standard profile user(via Login As functionality), can access the developer console.

Note: As an Admin who has these permission, logging into a user using granted login access will allow you to see this option under the drop down. Even though YOU as the system admin can see it, if the user does not have VIEW ALL DATA & AUTHOR APEX, they will not be able to see it via normal login. 

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
To use the Developer Console, you need the View All Data permission.
Ad CadAd Cad
Note: As an Admin who has these permission, logging into a user using granted login access will allow you to see this option under the drop down. Even though YOU as the system admin can see it, if the user does not have VIEW ALL DATA & AUTHOR APEX, they will not be able to see it via normal login.

Just tried this in a sandbox - it doesn't work.

I am logged in a System Admin and have then selected a Standard user to login as. No Developer Console - not even if I navigate there directly, as I get an

[object Object]: sObject type 'ApexExecutionOverlayAction' is not supported.

error