function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sohan ShirodkarSohan Shirodkar 

Affect of picklist value replace on approval process

I could not find anything in the documentation on this topic.

The scenario is as follows. I have a 3 step approval process, second step of which is conditionally dependent on a picklist Priority. It states "if Priority value is High then enter this approval step, else proceed to next step". A record with High priority value submiited for approval and is currently pending for approval at step 1.

Now, I replace High value with value 1. Then, I also update the step 2 condition of approval process with value 1. Replacing a value globally replaces that field value on all existing records. My question is, what will be the effect on above record under approval? Will it proceed to step 2 with new replaced value i.e. 1?
GovindarajGovindaraj
Hi Sohan,

"This should not affect the current records that had been submitted for approval prior to deactivating the approval process. The records that were submitted with the old approval process will not reflect the changes done to the new approval process, they would have to be submitted for approval again using the new approval process."

Please let us know, if this helps.

Thanks,
Govindaraj.S
Sohan ShirodkarSohan Shirodkar
@govindaraj, I am not deactivating any approval process. I am modifying step 2 criteria from the same version of approval process.