function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jose Alvarado 19Jose Alvarado 19 

Is it possible to create an overlay that stays on the right side of Salesforce?

I've done quite a bit of research to figure out if this is possible in Salesforce Classic and haven't found anything... It seems like it would be possible but I am not sure. I am basically looking to create an overlay or a menu that can pop in and out by clicking an arrow displayed on the right side of Salesforce. Pretty much exactly like the basic setup menu that is available for admins to use when a record is open. I'm wanting this menu to allow users to see details of certain records. For instance, if I want a certain account record to stay on the screen while I go look at a contact record, I can have that on the overlay and have it follow wherever I go. If I scroll, it follows. If I go to a different record, it follows. I can hide it and display it by clicking on the arrow.
Derrick Abbey 21Derrick Abbey 21
Have you looked into moving to lightning?  A lot of this type of functionality is available there.  I suppose if you aren't ready for that, you could create a visualforce page to display the information you want.
Jose Alvarado 19Jose Alvarado 19
So unfortunately this is a project for my company. I'm using a sandbox that they created for me and I can use Lightning however none of the end users have access to Lightning. I've been pushing them to move over to Lightning but there are SO many visualforce pages that do not translate very well in Lightning so the business has put a hold on switching to Lightning.