function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ITSrougeITSrouge 

validation rule for picklist and stagename

I am trying to write a validation rule to prevent the stages of an opportunity from being changed, but when the stagename Verified is selected, a picklist field named Client__c is enabled for user to make a selection.

The Client__c field is then disabled (or ability for user not to edit and save record, when the StageName is no longer Client__c (the stageName progresses to the next Stage). 

I'm new and any help is appreciated. 

if certain cycle time fields are blank. For example if date of request and date of approval are blank; stage can not move from prospecting
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi ITSrouge ,

Greetings to you!
please try this syntax to solved to picklist in a Validation Rule.

Formula Rule Solution:
===========================
AND(
ISPICKVAL(StageName,”Closed Lost”),
NOT(
ISPICKVAL( Competitor__c, “Competitor_Picklist_Value1”)),
NOT(
ISPICKVAL( Competitor__c, “Competitor_Picklist_Value2“)),
NOT(
ISPICKVAL( Competitor__c, “Competitor_Picklist_Value3“)
)
)
==============================
I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha
www.kdeepali.com
william meriwilliam meri
This is the David Lloyd Leisure. As we get ourselves acquainted with the occasions of the David Lloyd Gym centers, how about we additionally take a look at the David Lloyd Prices and discover how things charge up here.
https://gympricelist.com/david-lloyd-prices/
KusuM KusumKusuM Kusum
Who wants to miss out on the chance of winning validation code @ Culver’s sweepstakes… Do you set your mind to win the grand prize? If YES, then check this post detailing “How to complete Culvers Customer Survey  Feedback @ www.tellculvers.com & Culvers Feedback Survey rules, requirements,  and other required details to win Culvers Sweepstakes assuredly.

http://customerssurveys.info/culvers-survey/