function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rtriggrtrigg 

Can a customer community licensed user own an account?

I have an active user that has a customer community license.  That user is able to own contact records, but I can't seem to change ownership of an account to that user.

In the documentation, I found this statement: "Community Users can't own community-enabled accounts".  Is that my issue?  What does it mean for an account to be "community-enabled"?  Is there a work-around?  My goal here is to have a community licensed user that can own accounts that are outdated/inactive.

Thanks,

- Randy Trigg
VISHAL SARASWATVISHAL SARASWAT
Hi @Randy,
i think we can do it by using customer community plus licence but with customer community we can't do it.
for More Details please check the below thread : -
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/30270/can-a-community-user-create-account-in-community-page
rtriggrtrigg
Thanks Vishal. The link you sent seems to me to be about whether a user with a customer community license can create a new account. In my case, the account already exists, and I’m the one taking the action of changing its owner (I have admin permissions). My issue is with such a user owning accounts rather than changing/creating them. Or do you think that those two issues are linked somehow? [Global Fund for Women] Randy Trigg | Senior Information Management Officer Global Fund for Women 800 Market Street, 7th Floor | San Francisco, CA 94102 direct +1.415.248.4836 fax +1.415.248.4801 pronouns: he/his website | vCard | map | email [Donate][Facebook][Twitter][LinkedIn][Pinterest] Confidentiality Note: This email may contain confidential and/or private information. If you received this email in error please delete and notify sender.
VISHAL SARASWATVISHAL SARASWAT
Hi @Randy,

i think we can't do it normally please see this thread : - https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000DD3kAAG
as You can not change the owner of Those account that are owned by Internal Owner even if creating by sharing rules 
but
we can try it  like this - create a trigger that when the account was updated, the owner of account will be updated by the partner user that was selected in this custom field.
Maybe this is the best solution for this case.
rtriggrtrigg
Thanks Vishal, I just tested and I get the same OP_WITH_INVALID_USER_TYPE_EXCEPTION error when I try to change an account’s owner to a community user, whether manually or via process builder. I’m having a bad feeling that this is hopeless. I still wish I understood what the documentation means by “community-enabled account”. It’s like a tease – if only I could make the account not appear to be “community-enabled”, maybe my community user could own it? - Randy [Global Fund for Women] Randy Trigg | Senior Information Management Officer Global Fund for Women 800 Market Street, 7th Floor | San Francisco, CA 94102 direct +1.415.248.4836 fax +1.415.248.4801 pronouns: he/his website | vCard | map | email [Donate][Facebook][Twitter][LinkedIn][Pinterest] Confidentiality Note: This email may contain confidential and/or private information. If you received this email in error please delete and notify sender.
Jonye KeeJonye Kee
In the documentation, I tracked down this explanation: "Local area Clients can't possess local area empowered accounts". Is that my issue? What's the significance here for a record to be "local area empowered"? Is there a work-around? My objective here is to have a local area authorized client that can claim accounts that are obsolete/inert.