function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matthew GreathouseMatthew Greathouse 

How to export field info by object?

Hello, I'm trying to export field information (name, description, help text, etc) using the Salesforce Inspector chrome extension. I've seen on here that people have done this before but I can't figure out how it works
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Matthew,

If my understanding is correct you are trying to export the records of some object using Salesforce Inspector. Once salesforce inspector is installed in your crome. Open any record in your salesforce org and you will find an arrow symbol on the right side as shown below.

User-added image
Then write the query what fields you want the information and object and click on export button . You will have the option to download in different formats where you can downlooad.

User-added image

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,

Matthew GreathouseMatthew Greathouse
Hi Sai, that's almost what I'm looking for, but I'm not looking for any account information. I want a list off all of the field names and descriptions for each object. For example, I want to export all fields with their descriptions that are on the Account object. I don't want any values for the fields, just the field names and descriptions so I can keep track of our org
Forum TeamForum Team
Hi Matthew, 

You cannot export field info using the Salesforce Inspector chrome extension. You have to download Salesforce DevTools chrome extension to export all the field info of the single object.
Salesforce DevTools Extension Link : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/salesforce-devtools/ehgmhinnhggigkogkbhnbodhbfjgncjf/related?hl=en
You have to download this extension then connect with your salesforce org.
Then select object and field definition option to get all fields info of a single object.
Kevin Klerkx 14Kevin Klerkx 14
Hi Matthew,

You can definitely do what you need with Salesforce Inspector.
When you use the Data Export function of Salesforce Inspector, use this query (just substitute the object with the object you need the data from):

SELECT QualifiedApiName, DeveloperName, Description, DataType, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate 
FROM FieldDefinition 
WHERE EntityDefinition.DeveloperName='**OBJECT**'