function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mekameka 

How to add currency to field value when picklist field has a value.

For example when Country is US is selected, want to append US $ in front of a amount field when user enters amount in a field.
When country CA is selected CAD $ should be added in amount field.
Can this be done using VR's?
Arpitha Reddy AletiArpitha Reddy Aleti
Hi Meka,
Based on the country you gave in your personal setting,the currency will be based on that country.
I think you cannot use validationrules for this one.
you cak use multiple currency setting and use conversion rate inorder to convert form us dollar to cad dollar.
correct me if i'm wrong
thank you,
Arpitha
mekameka
Thank you for the response Arpitha. The problem is the cases are being created by service agents and the multi currency wont work. So was trying to append US or CAN based on user field selection US or CAN. Changing the amount field to text instead of Currency data type, will the validation rule work?
Arpitha Reddy AletiArpitha Reddy Aleti
Hi Meka,
If you give some condition in validation rule and if that condition is true then it won't allow you to save record right? so at that time you need to correct the data manually and save which is a hectic task when you have large number of records.
so to my knowledge validation rules doesn't work , i think we can use flow or process builder as you are saying that you are changing datatype from currency to text.
open to suggestions.
Thank you,
Arpitha Reddy