function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeevana Bandaru 11Jeevana Bandaru 11 

Anyone have idea regarding how to create a student application form in lightning web component?

Does anyone have an idea regarding how to create a student application form in the lightning web component for a university portal page to apply? so the details entered in the form will be saved as contacts in both application object and contact object in the org directly from the student community portal page? Please help!
Forum TeamForum Team
Hi Jeevana, 

This will require coding the form in Lightning Web Component with the required fields, a controller at the backend to save values in the Application and the Contact object. You can then add the Lightning Web Component to the Community Portal Page.
Hello Amer Wilson, Thanks for your reply. Can you please help me with the basic code for how to start the application? I am a newbie and getting confused between the inputs for the this kind of application form and record edit form. Need some help to connect my application with portal page. Appreciate your help. Thank you, Jeevana.
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Jeevana,

Learn the LWC from th trailhead :-  https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/lightning-web-components-basics

Regards,

Priya Ranjan

Salesforce Support

Hi priya, Thanks for your reply. But I already finished that trail. I don't have any coding experience and I'm new to Salesforce. Thanks & Regards, Jeevana.
Andy NillsonAndy Nillson
Jeevana Bandaru, how did you solve the issue?
Axel CulliverAxel Culliver
I would try embedding a form like Jotform into a student community portal page and customizing it to fit your needs, including capturing the necessary details for the application process. I've used this builder to gather information on a school project and continue to do so during college. It saves me time since our curriculum is challenging. For some assignments, I use this resource https://ca.edubirdie.com/do-my-homework-for-me others I do myself, because saving time is very important to me. As far as I can tell, you don't need coding experience to customize the form. Everything is easy, and the support service is speedy if there are any problems.
Norman BradyNorman Brady
Thanks for indication this source here for writing purpose. I will try in my free time. Have a very good day!