function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Usman Mushtaq 7Usman Mushtaq 7 

Create visual filters for Billing State/Province and Type in Visualforce

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new to salesforce almost one month and I've been given an assignment which I'm unable to complete after many tries. 

Task:

• Create a Visualforce Page that displays all of the records on the Account object, create a button next to each record displayed that will create a new contact record related to that specific account. (I've created a VF page that displays all the records of object Account and a button too but unable to implement the logic of the button that create new contact record related to that specific account. Visualforce Page: create a button next to each record displayed that will create a new contact record related to that specific account.) 

• Create visual filters for Billing State/Province and Type (need complete help in this reagards)
dfhwie dnsajkdfhwie dnsajk
I am also lookking forthe similar kind of solutions and would like to share my project (https://dubairentpickup.com/) here where I wanna use this facility kindly guide us about it.
Usman Mushtaq 7Usman Mushtaq 7

I've created the filter but it is hard coded. Can someone look into my code and help in improving this. You help will be really much appreciated. Thanks

Controller:

public with sharing class ContactPageController {
    public string filtercriteria{get; set;}
    public string filtercriteria1{get; set;}
    public list<Account> accountList{get; set;}
    public void getAccounts() {
        //accList = new list<Account>([SELECT Name, AccountNumber, Site, AccountType, BillingState FROM Account WHERE Billing State =: filtercriteria]);
        accountList = new list<Account>([SELECT Name, Website, BillingState, Phone, Type FROM Account WHERE BillingState =: filtercriteria AND Type =: filtercriteria1]);
    }
}

VisualForce:

<apex:page controller="ContactPageController" tabStyle="Account">
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="Accounts">
            <apex:pageBlockSection title="Account Filter by Billing State/Province and Type" columns="1">
                Select Billing State/Province:
                <apex:selectList size="1" value="{!filtercriteria}">
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!getAccounts}" rerender="table1"/>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="" itemValue="" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="NC" itemValue="NC" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="KS" itemValue="KS" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="TX" itemValue="TX" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="OR" itemValue="OR" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="CA" itemValue="CA" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="IL" itemValue="IL" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="NY" itemValue="NY" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Singapore" itemValue="Singapore" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="AZ" itemValue="AZ" ></apex:selectOption>
                </apex:selectList>
                Select Type:
                <apex:selectList size="1" value="{!filtercriteria1}">
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!getAccounts}" rerender="table1"/>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="" itemValue="" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Customer - Direct" itemValue="Customer - Direct" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Customer - Channel" itemValue="Customer - Channel" ></apex:selectOption>        
                </apex:selectList>
                <apex:pageBlockTable id="table1" value="{!accountList}" var="l" columnsWidth="60%, 20%, 20%">
                    //columnsWidth="400px, 100px, 400px, 200px, 200px, 50px"                            
                    <apex:column >
                        <apex:facet name="header">Name</apex:facet>
                        <apex:outputLink value="/{!l.Id}" target="_blank">
                            <apex:outputField value="{!l.Name}"/>
                        </apex:outputLink> 
                    </apex:column>
                    <apex:column value="{!l.BillingState}" />
                    <apex:column value="{!l.Type}" />     
                </apex:pageBlockTable>
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>