function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bharath kumar 52bharath kumar 52 

Oauth flows in salesforce-ESB

Hi All,

I am trying to implement a integration with an external system via mulesoft and one of the things i've noticed in my experience previously is that some oauth flows often want you to approve the request once. Although i understand that this is for the sake of security, it isn't practical in the case of ESB where things work from the backend. Can someone tell me what flow once must go with while trying to integrate using an ESB?

Thanks,
Bharath
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Bharath,

Based on https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000352937&type=1, MFA does not apply to integration users

How will Salesforce exclude MFA-exempt user types from auto-enablement and enforcement?
There are several user types, including API/integration, automated testing, and RPA accounts, that aren't required to use MFA. 

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you
bharath kumar 52bharath kumar 52
Hi Swetha, I think you've misunderstood the question as I wanted to know which is the right Oauth flow(like Web-Server flow,User Agent flow etc.) to use when you are integrating with an ESB because some flows require you to approve the request from the UI first time and when you integrate with an ESB this won't be feasible. Thanks, Bharath