function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kevin Yao 4Kevin Yao 4 

Packaging With Dependent Package Custom Labels

I'm currently having some trouble deploying my code to my org. The current package I'm working on has a dependent package "BASE_PACKAGE". I was trying to use Custom Labels, the problem is if there's any overlap in the custom labels it causes issues when trying to install.

However, if I try to use the base packages custom labels, if I try to use the namespace when importing in the LWC like,

import MANUFACTURER from '@salesforce/label/BASE_PACKAGE.MANUFACTURER';

I get this error message

Error integration LWC1504: Invalid module id "BASE_PACKAGE.MANUFACTURER" for type "label". Explicit use of namespace "BASE_PACKAGE" in file "customLabels.js" is prohibited. 

When I try to replace it with 

import MANUFACTURER from '@salesforce/label/c.MANUFACTURER';
I'm able to deploy to my scratch org, but when I try to deploy the packaged code, I get this error message instead

Invalid reference c.MANUFACTURER of type label in file customLabels.js 

I'm not sure if I'm missing a setting, or if there's something I'm missing.
AshwiniAshwini (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kevin,

To handle custom labels from a dependent package, Please try adding custom label something like below:

import MANUFACTURER from '@salesforce/label/MANUFACTURER';
Thanks.
MartinezMartinez
Hi, Kevin Yao 4
To resolve the issue with dependent packages and custom labels:
Namespace your custom labels in the base package (e.g., BASE_PACKAGE.MANUFACTURER).
Use the entire package namespace to reference these custom labels in your code (e.g., '@salesforce (https://developer.salesforce.com/)/label/BASE_PACKAGE.MANUFACTURER').
Ensure that your dependent package lists the base package as a dependency.
Maintain consistent namespace prefixes for custom labels and stickers. (https://custompackaginglosangeles.com/stickers-labels/)
Deploy the base package first, followed by the dependent package, and configure scratch orgs accordingly.
Following these steps should help you avoid conflicts and deploy your code successfully.