function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Umair Mohammad 10Umair Mohammad 10 

Present Salesforce to non-technical folks

Folks,
I didnt know which topic to put this.  Here it goes.....
My director wants my manger and I (SF Admins), I been with the org for 1 year 3 months and my manager for more than a decade wants us to present for 7, yes 7 hours of Salesforce to non-tech users without going too technical.

My opinion was that 7 hours without going deep on the tech side is not exactly easty. Furthermore, he wants me and this is his line, "Explain Salesforce as you are teaching a first grader."

Just a little about me, i am also a commerical pilot. When I teach my daugther who is 9 years old about flying and trying to keep it simple, I have to go into some deep parts with illustration when she asks me for example, why does the plane stop flying in air and fall (proper term is stalling the aircraft)  To answer this, I have to go to the next level other than to say the wind wint. I cannot answer the why without going deep and saying angel of attack is high and the wing is no longer producing lift and the nose will pitch down.  But I digress.  

I have the following points that I want to cover below, but i am sure when my manager is back, he will have something to say.  I've asked some admins and the first question they asked, "who is the target audiance?" I said non-techies and next statement was, "wait, 7 hours of very limited tech jargon to cover SF and your businss process." I said, "exactly." 

I need some help. 

Heres is topics:

• What is Salesforce
  • Salesforce Schema
  • Roles and Profiles
  • Permission Sets
  • OWD and sharing model
  • Sales Cloud
  • Service Cloud
  • Five9 telephony integration
  • Quiq integration
  • Case creation
  • Record Type Disposition Overhaul process
  • Salesforce User Management
  • How to deploy new enhancements and improvements System--->Full Sandbox--->Prod
  • Knowledge Articles

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Umair,

You can get above information if you search online and also on trailhead,  Check individual topic wise list on trailhead module and note down important points that can be shared with other guys.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/

Thanks,