function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jordan HunterJordan Hunter 

No idea to to complete this request - Button to move all or a portion of related records

I have a use case where our service team has multiple assets per case. Each asset moves through the service process independently however there are times where they can all be updated at once, such as recieving them in, or quoting them all at once (all within 1 Case). 
Currently the team clicks into each one and does it one by one, or goes to a list view, searches for them and does the mass update option. 

They would like, going forward, a button on the case object that launches some sort of screen flow that lists all of the related assets and some fields for update and you can select which ones to update. 
For example to quote, they need to tick the quote sent box and fill in a quote # field, so ideally a button like "quote assets" that brings up all the asset within that case in the quote stage, and you can select the ones on the quote and fill in the quote number once and its copys it to each of them.

I thought this might be a screen flow but after learning about them - this doesnt seem the right fit.

Does anyone have any ideas or be able to point me to the right direction to complete this task?

Appreciate the help.

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jordon,

You can reachout to accelerate team who can help your implementation request if you have premier support.

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000387492&type=1

Thanks,