function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Prem Patel 8Prem Patel 8 

Entitlement Process - Milestone Creation Question

Hi All, 

I created an Entitlement Process with the Basic Configuration for a Case and the Case exits the process when the Case Status != New. I have also created an Milestone and attached to the entitlement process where the time trigger is 480 minutes = 8 hours and keeping in mind I've attached the business hours is 8 hours (Mon-Fri).

My Question, what is the proper way of creating a Milestone action if the Milestone Time trigger is 480 min and I'm trying to create an Email Alert that triggers when it hits 24 hours?

I'm trying to create an Action where the Email Alert should be recieved when it hits 24 hours exact after a new case is created. For example If someone created a case on Aug 1st 3:00pm , the person should get an email alert on Aug 2nd 3:00pm, but the business hours is (Mon-Fri) 9-5pm and Milestone Time Trigger is set to 480 min (8 hours).

Will I need to create a Violation Action within the Milestone and have the criteria 960 min after the milestone time has ended (480min) and attach an Email Alert ?

Best Answer chosen by Prem Patel 8
jon Jon Snowjon Jon Snow
To send an email alert exactly 24 hours after a new case is created, taking into account business hours and a milestone time trigger of 480 minutes (8 hours), you can follow these steps https://loklokapk.download/:

Create a Violation Action within the Milestone configuration.
Set the criteria for the Violation Action to trigger after 960 minutes (480 minutes for the milestone time trigger + 480 minutes for an additional 8 hours).
Attach an Email Alert to the Violation Action.
By implementing this setup, the system will automatically send an email alert to the appropriate person exactly 24 hours after the case is created, considering business hours and the specified milestone time trigger.

I hope this helps you impress them with your reply!

All Answers

Kepala Bergetar 10Kepala Bergetar 10
It seems like you're dealing with Salesforce Entitlement Processes and Milestones to automate actions on Cases. Based on your description, you want to send an email alert after a specific amount of time has passed since the creation of a case, while taking into account business hours and weekends.https://kepalabergetar9.net/
jon Jon Snowjon Jon Snow
To send an email alert exactly 24 hours after a new case is created, taking into account business hours and a milestone time trigger of 480 minutes (8 hours), you can follow these steps https://loklokapk.download/:

Create a Violation Action within the Milestone configuration.
Set the criteria for the Violation Action to trigger after 960 minutes (480 minutes for the milestone time trigger + 480 minutes for an additional 8 hours).
Attach an Email Alert to the Violation Action.
By implementing this setup, the system will automatically send an email alert to the appropriate person exactly 24 hours after the case is created, considering business hours and the specified milestone time trigger.

I hope this helps you impress them with your reply!
This was selected as the best answer