function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Asmalia RedzuanAsmalia Redzuan 

Edit Predefined Field Values

Hi Community,

I created a button to create a new lead record with predefined field values for the name of this record, which combination of values from 2 fields. So when I test with test cases with both values of the fields are long, this combination values exceeded the field limit (120 characters). I edit the field to a shorter values, but it still unable to save and it still says it is exceeded the limit. 

I test with a test case where values from 2 fields are short and the combination of the 2 fields does not exceed for the limit for the field, but then I edit the field to a different value, it is able and successfully saved. 

My question is: why is this issue is appear? Is there any other way to fix this other than icreasing the limit of the field or make the limit for those 2 fields shorter?
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Asmalia,

You can store combination of two fields in new field by 256 characters or try to increase existing one and it should work.

Thanks,
Ethun HuntEthun Hunt
Thank you for your solution! Visit my website on WhatsApp Modified Versions (https://apksforwamods.com/).