function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Miguel Egas 7Miguel Egas 7 

power automate record type decision

How can I store the record type on a custom object on a field so I can use the value to write an MS Flow? 

I am writing an MS Flow (Power Automate) that will create a folder, but I only want to do for specific record type.  I can create a decision based on the value of a field.  For example if my custom object has these two record types:  BULK, COMMERCIAL, and I only want to based the flow decision on BULK, how can I store the record type of the custom object in a field?

Using:  Create a SharePoint forlder when a record is created
Best Answer chosen by Miguel Egas 7
Hassan Ali 49Hassan Ali 49

Storing the record type in a custom field is a smart way to conditionally trigger your MS Flow. It enables you to create a decision step based on the specific record type, ensuring that the SharePoint folder creation is only executed for the desired type, much like how cosmetologists (https://shahhassanch.com/) tailor treatments to individual client needs. This approach provides the flexibility and control you need to automate your processes effectively.

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Miguel,

Can you elloborate more on this and include screenshot?

Thanks,
Hassan Ali 49Hassan Ali 49

Storing the record type in a custom field is a smart way to conditionally trigger your MS Flow. It enables you to create a decision step based on the specific record type, ensuring that the SharePoint folder creation is only executed for the desired type, much like how cosmetologists (https://shahhassanch.com/) tailor treatments to individual client needs. This approach provides the flexibility and control you need to automate your processes effectively.
This was selected as the best answer
Miguel Egas 7Miguel Egas 7
Thank you @hassan Ali 49, I created a custom formula field with the formula:  RecordType.Name