function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Satishkumar S 14Satishkumar S 14 

Users not receiving email notifications for chatter messages

Hi, 
My Org users stopped receiving email notifications for chatter @metions. Email notifications are working fine earlier. "Chatter email notification setting" are look good. Email deliverability settings also is set to "All emails". Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Satishkumar S 14
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
I think this is related to Winter'24 release over the weekend. As per https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_experiences_chatter_email_update.htm&release=244&type=5 , Salesforce enforces this update in Winter ‘24 to follow the latest security recommendations. Administrators must provide a Chatter email From Name and Email Address for Chatter email notifications to continue being sent.

Can you follow the below steps:
Setup > Chatter > Email Settings > Add your name and email address.

You will receive email verification. After verifying your email address, the issue will be resolved.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you

All Answers

HI Satish,
- Can you review email logs to check for any bounced emails or delivery issues?
See https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.email_logs_format.htm&type=5

Thanks
Hi Swetha,
Thanks for helping me, I checked the email logs by delivery status is blank for entries. We actually updated a field in around 800,000 case records on 14-15th October 2023 and since yesterday we are facing this issue, can the update event caused this issue. 
I think this is related to Winter'24 release over the weekend. As per https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_experiences_chatter_email_update.htm&release=244&type=5 , Salesforce enforces this update in Winter ‘24 to follow the latest security recommendations. Administrators must provide a Chatter email From Name and Email Address for Chatter email notifications to continue being sent.

Can you follow the below steps:
Setup > Chatter > Email Settings > Add your name and email address.

You will receive email verification. After verifying your email address, the issue will be resolved.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Swetha, it worked
Cary Boers 3Cary Boers 3
Nice job, Swetha. This fixed the issue for me.
Admin OSFAdmin OSF
@ Satishkumar S 14  this workarround  is not working for me. do you have any other suggestion?
Thnaks,
Gianina
Admin OSFAdmin OSF
hi @ Swetha   this workarround  is not working for me. do you have any other suggestion?
Thnaks,
Gianina
Aden MaineAden Maine
Didnt relaise this update was happening, but I've done as suggested and added the name and email in, saved, verified but nothing has worked again yet. Still email notifications to team members form a @ mention in a chatter comment are still not firing email notifications too.

Is there a propagation time or anything like that once the email is added?
Jennifer Mueller 8Jennifer Mueller 8
The workaround did NOT work. Please advise.
Mahmud Hossain 1Mahmud Hossain 1
Hi @Swetha  Unfortunately the workaround is not working. Can you please advise
Thanks,
Mahmud
Fathima BeeviFathima Beevi
Hello @swetha, I wanted to inform you that some users are still experiencing an issue with Outlook chatter notifications not working even after updating their chatter settings. Do I need to check for any specific permissions in this regard? I want to emphasize that we've verified that the users' chatter email settings are all in order. Please advise.

Thanks,
Fathima Beevi
Kamalakannan Kamalakannan GanesanKamalakannan Kamalakannan Ganesan
I just tried and it's working as expected.However, it's a tedious job to send an email to all my users to update the settings.In addition, if they are in chatter group then we have to verify email by email.Is there any solution without communicating to all and update their settings?
Debbie Cole 2Debbie Cole 2
Hello has this been solved.  My users just indicated that when on a Case and doing a post with the @mention it is not sending the email notificaiton.  Seems it has been sporatic or not working since we switched from Gov Cloud to Gov Cloud Plus.  This happened in May timeframe. But the Users only reported it on the 19th of this month.  interested it falls in the same timing of the update.
I have made sure all settings are correct and even logged in as users to make sure there personal setting are correct for Chatter.
Hans BlaauwHans Blaauw
Wonder why I'm notified a month after this update was enforced. Yesterday evening I received a salesforce mail that chatter email notifications were no longer being sent. Wasn't aware of this.