function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lakshya KanchanLakshya Kanchan 

SFDX CLI non coding items deployment issue

Hi

I am making some changes to the non coding items like page layouts, session settings changes, enabling of translation settings override, etc, in the Salesforce org using metadata deployment.

I am making use of the deployment commands to fulfill this requirement.

e.g. call sf project deploy start -x manifest/package2.xml -o tempOrg -l NoTestRun

The command is working fine for sandbox and trial orgs, but is failing to work for production orgs.

Q1) What changes need to be made to the command to fix the issue?
Q2) What is the Default test level that SF considers when deploying non coding items like page layouts?
Q3) Does SF decide the Default test level by checking if coding items like apex classes or, triggers are being deployed or, not?
Q4) Will the below command fulfill the requirement?
       call sf project deploy start -x manifest/package2.xml -o tempOrg

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Lakshya,
1) By default, production orgs require at least a minimal level of testing.The -l NoTestRun flag is only supported for sandbox and trial orgs. For production orgs, you need to use the -l TestRun flag

Alter the command as below and retry
call sf project deploy start -x manifest/package2.xml -o tempOrg -l TestRun

2) I believe the default test level for non coding items like page layouts is NoTestRun

Related: https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/372832/full-list-of-metadata-types-can-i-deploy-without-test-coverage