function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sudhanshu RaySudhanshu Ray 

Custom datatable picklist edit issue

Hi,
I am making use of the custom data table to create a data table and then to provide the inline editing feature for picklists.
I have created a LWC component and added 2 such custom datatables there one below another.
When I am selecting a picklist value in table 1 and am moving out of the cell, the Cancel and Save buttons are visible in both the datatables.
What's the cause of it and how can we fix it?
Screenshots have been attached for your reference.
1_Before : Initial state of the 2 custom data tables
2_After : Final state of the custom data tables after updated the value of "Target Priority" for a record.

Before Save :
User-added image
After Save :
User-added image

Thanks and Regards,
Sudhanshu

MartinezMartinez
Hi,
I encountered a similar issue where the Cancel and Save buttons were appearing in both custom data tables when using inline editing with picklists. To resolve this problem, I followed these steps:
1) Inspect the code of the LWC component containing the custom data tables.
2) Verify that each custom data table has a unique identifier assigned to it.
3) Ensure that the Cancel and Save buttons are associated with their respective custom data tables.
4) Check if there is any shared code or variables between the two data tables that might be causing the buttons to appear in both.
5) Modify the code to ensure that the Cancel and Save buttons are scoped correctly to each data table.
6) Test the component again to confirm that the issue has been resolved.
By ensuring that each custom data table and its associated buttons have unique identifiers and proper scoping, I was able to fix the problem and ensure that the Cancel and Save buttons only appear in the relevant data table.