function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nick MastorisNick Mastoris 

Remove Fields from Opportunity Creation Modal but Remain after Creation

Hey all,
I am new to Salesforce, so my apologies if there is a lack of detail or proper verbiage below, but hoping someone can assist.

I am looking to hide some fields from the creation modal of my opportunities. The fields are set to auto-populate once the Opportunity is created, but it is for a separate business unit. I need to hide a complete section during the creation step.

The flow should result in the following:

"New Opportunity" -> Section Hidden

" Inquiry Stage (after creation) and all stages after" -> Section Visible

Would appreciate any help on this, as I am not sure how to edit what fields are visible in the new opportunity create modal when creating a new opportunity.

Best Answer chosen by Nick Mastoris
SubratSubrat (Salesforce Developers) 
Hello Nick ,

For this , would request you to follow this Help video .
This help video has the exact solution that you are looking for .

Link -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyU9zCAeRMU 

If this helps , please mark this as Best Answer.
Thank you.

All Answers

Hello Nick ,

Do you want to hide fields in this Mini View of the opportunity on the console ?
User-added imagecan you confirm from the above and share the screen shot and let me know which fields you want to hide .

Thank you.

Hey Subrat, yes, that is correct, I am looking to hide fields in the Mini View. We have a section that we made called "Proposal Details" which can be see below, I want to hide all the fields within this section.

SalesForce Opportunity Mini View - Proposal Details

Hello Nick ,

For this , would request you to follow this Help video .
This help video has the exact solution that you are looking for .

Link -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyU9zCAeRMU 

If this helps , please mark this as Best Answer.
Thank you.
This was selected as the best answer
aanojas lanceraanojas lancer
Thanks it helped me
Thank you Subrat, this is what I was looking for. However, this requires me to create a new layout. Do you know if there is a way to do this to a pre-existing layout? I assume it makes sense to just modify the layout to follow the same process as shown in the video.
Terry Henretty 8Terry Henretty 8
Create a helper field checkbox called something like "Display Proposal Details".  Edit the Lightning Page and add a custom filter for that section, and make it conditionally visibile if the Display Proposal Details = TRUE.  Then build a before save flow that updates records on creation that automatically checks that checkbox.  That section will now be hidden on create but will display after the record is created.